July 2010 Goal Update

August is here, July is over.  Time for a 2010 goal update.  July's goal was 400 miles cycling, 65 miles running 15 km swimming.  I fell short of the biking goal and biked 301.33 miles.  I smashed the running goal and ran 95.2 miles this month.  A big portion of that was running two half marathons this month.  The Handcart Days Half Marathon and the Crandall Canyon Memorial Half Marathon.  K Jo and I both ran both of those races.  I did them as training runs in preparation for the Bear Lake Brawl Half Ironman.  Handcart Days Half was in Bountiful.  I ran the first 3.5 miles w/ K Jo then kissed her and said, "Have a good race, I am going to start running now."  I finished 2:02:41, K Jo finished in 2:24:37.  It was a good race and a nice course, but there were only three aid stations and no bathrooms that I could see on the course.  Crandall Canyon started at 8800 feet at the top of Huntington Canyon then rose and descended to the entrance of the Crandall Canyon where the Crandall Canyon Mine is located.  For some reason they dropped us off in buses about a quarter mile behind the start line.  We ran this one together.  Again, it was just a training run for me and it was fun to push K Jo a little bit.  We finished in 2:11:57.  One of her best finishes ever (I think her best, but she says she and her sister ran a race before we got married and she ran 1:43:something... I'm not holding my breath for proof).  She was happy about it and I got my training hours in. As for my swim goal, I eeked over that with 15.1 km swimming.  I have a lot to make up if I want to reach my goal for 2010, but there is time and a lot of good things in my plans.  K Jo and I are for sure going to do a century ride in Vegas in October and maybe another in Mesquite in November.  I will write about those too.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SR-173

SR-111

SR-248