SR-152




Today (June 13th) was the first day in almost a week since I have ridden. I have been following my half iron man training program, and last week was very swim intensive. I also took three days off. Anyway, today called for a 75 minute ride, so I decided to tack on SR-152 (aka Van Winkle Expressway) as part of my ride. 152 starts out at SR-71, about 900 E and 4800 S in Murray. It winds its way south east, up a small hill for 3 miles where it terminates at I-215 in Holladay. I, as per tradition, rode this route backwards (okay I don't have a "tradition" but it seems like the last few routes have all been backwards first). The route was kind of scary at first because it is signed at 50 mph and for the first half mile, there is no shoulder, and it interchanges with I-215. I did my best to avoid being plastered, and finally made it to 6100 S where an ENORMOUS shoulder opens up. Being an "expressway", I didn't think SR-152 would get much bike traffic, but I actually saw two other cyclists on this road in the 10 minutes I was on it... on a Sunday... in yucky cloudy weather... Anyway, because I was riding it backwards, I was going down the hill and made a good pace. The route is also lined with trees which block the views of the surrounding homes, and at one point it passes through a nice little wooded area. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice of a ride this was. It's a short route, so this will be a short blog entry... sorry... Today's ride was 23 miles. I finished in 1:19:23 averaging 17.3 mph. Top speed was 36.5 mph. To date, this is my 14th state road. 411.1 total miles ridden, 172.2 miles of state roads. Thanks so much for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SR-173

SR-111

SR-248