Still waiting for the official kickoff

Okay, so I haven't OFFICIALLY started riding the highways yet. BUT, I have been doing more research into the designated state highways of Utah. As I said before, there are a lot of designated roads. I have been working on a word document so I can get an idea of exactly how many there are, and where they all are so I can plan accordingly. Using information from the before mentioned links to Wikipedia and UDOT's site, I have in my word document, the number, termini, and length of 116 highways starting with SR-7 and ending with SR-145. I think I am about halfway through transferring the info, and it is pretty boring. Add to that the fact that I am exceptionally curious so when I see one that I don't know about, I go to Google maps and look for it so it is taking a lot longer than I think it needs to. It's also kind of frustrating. I thought that riding all of the highways would be a GRAND adventure, but a good chunk of the "designated state highways" are less than 10 miles long and a lot of those are in cities and towns. I think those will be fun routes to ride with K Jo. We bought her a road bike this year and she has started riding, but doesn't have the base mileage I have. I think this will be a good way to get her riding more. ANYWAY I hope to go out soon and ride one of the highways here in SLC, most likely either SR-209 or SR-48. Today is day two of my seven on, so it is hard to do anything but work and sleep. I will probably work to finish the list and work on some more maps. Stay tuned.

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SR-173

SR-111

SR-248